Webring

Navigation by WebRing.

Saturday 8 January 2011

New Year Activity

Having got the Gold DHC up and running before Christmas, I had to fit a new water hose to Gills Blue FHC. This was the rubber hose under the inlet manifold, a bugger to get at. This entailed removing the K and N Filters and backing plates, dissconnecting the throttle linkage, then removing the steel heater pipe at the union under manifold to release the rubber pipe. After re-fitting everything I ran engine up to temperature to check all was OK. Had to fix this at home as the car is now out of tax and mot, thus marooned in the back garden. Should be in the barn out of the rain and away from the cat who likes licking water off it, but with my luck I dare not risk the 12 mile trip to the lock up.
I need to get it under cover soon so will have to borrow a trailer.


Thirsty Cat.

New Year Run - SOC Frostbite 2011

On the 2nd of January Club Triumph where invited on the Stag Owners Club Frostbite Run, a run of about 50 miles on a cold, damp Sunday. 8 Club Triumph and around 12 Stags started out from Harford Tesco, taking in some wet and muddy roads, baulked by an unscheduled road block, in my neck of the woods I knew a detour that added a few miles to the run to halfway point for coffee and cake at a Garden Centre.


Club Triumph Cars at the start.









Stags at the start.


















More Club Triumph cars at start.


















More Stags.


At the Halfway Halt.

After the coffee stop the run carried on through the Tas Valley, yes we have valleys and hills in Norfolk, only smallish, before heading for the finish at the Dove Inn at Poringland. About 7 miles away from the finish, I noticed the heater fan slowing down and voltmeter showing way down, No warnings from the ignition light so I dashed to the finish point. After stopping in the car park I thought I had better try to start again, the battery was so flat I only got one click out of the starter relay, then nothing.
Home was only about 17 miles away, and I realised I had to get the car home quick whilst still in daylight, so got a jump start and caned it home, returning quickly in the modern so we could still join in the meal.

At the Finish.

I must remember on one of these runs to find somewhere photogenic for a shot of the cars together.
We enjoyed a deserved pint and a good value roast dinner and sweet, and a little bit of chit chat before heading home. thanks to Stag Owners Club for the invite.

Norfolk Area Events

We are now starting to get a few events and run details in for 2011, I will start a 2011 events page over on my website shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andy, thanks for the tip on getting to that little hose under the inlet manifold, saved me alot of time and knuckle skin.

    Chris Dolan

    chrisjdolan@btinternet.com.
    TR7 2.0 FHC 1976 (one of the Speke ones!)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog.