Navigation by WebRing.

Saturday, 16 October 2010

Seat base

Finally got hold of a secondhand seat base in tan check material for the DHC. So spent a easy, pleasant afternoon changing this over, firstly removed the seat from car, unclipped the damaged seat base, and replaced with the secondhand item, simply attaching using trim clips and a little adhesive in places. The boltser which is stitched and glued in to the new one is in good shape, and feels a little more comfortable, and the seat diaphram is firm and ok. Gave the frame slider mechanism a good clean up and greased the runners, before giving the base a good shampoo with some fabric cleaner. It seems to have come up ok and pretty much matches the seat back. Just got to wait for it to dry.

Damaged base and secondhand base
Seat Base Removed.
Finished Seat, ready for clean up.

The Blue FHC is still off the road waiting for master cylinder to be repaired, the kit I have from 2 Triumph suppliers have both got the wrong primary seal and they are unable to source the correct one, which is a poor show. I have sent it to Past Parts Ltd to match for me and put back together, will report on service from them later.

Incorrect Primary Seal.

Wont say much about the RBRR, exept we only made it to Edingburgh before rocker shaft failure put us out, as the next stint of driving from Edinburgh to JOG was supposed to be mine I never even got round to driving Andy Dann's PI Estate, instead I had to drive the Skoda Fabia courtesy car on the home!
Thanks to Dale for identifying the fault, and sorry to hear you did not make it too.

Andys PI Estate at The Plough.
Recovery at Edingburgh Airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my blog.